Majors permit intensive study of a single discipline or cross-cutting area of knowledge and complement the breadth of the General Education component. Coursework in the Major provides a thorough grounding in the field’s historical context and the particularized nature of its scholarship. It exposes students to the open questions with which scholars are grappling and the challenges of advancing knowledge in the field, and introduces them to the tools and methodologies used to explore those questions. Certain majors may require coursework in cognate disciplines.
Students choose majors consistent with personal goals and interests and move through the subject gaining first an introductory foundation in the field on which is then built an integrated program of advanced study. All students must complete a major area of study, and the majors available at UoPeople are described in detail below.
Degree Seeking Students at UoPeople may choose from two-degree levels and three major programs of study:
- Associate of Science in Business Administration (AS-BA)
- Associate of Science in Business Administration in Arabic (AS-BA)
- Associate of Science in Health Science (AS-HS)
- Associate of Science in Computer Science (AS-CS)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BS-BA)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (BS-HS)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BS-CS)
Information on program goals and course requirements for each of the majors are provided in the following chapters describing the specific programs of study.
> Students who began their studies before Term 1 of the 2012-13 academic year are not eligible to elect an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Health Science.