Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Today’s global economy requires leaders who excel as collaborators and innovators. UoPeople’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) offers students comprehensive knowledge, theories and models used in the corporate world, and provides students the opportunity to further develop business training techniques and strategies. With a focus on preparing its graduates to operate in today’s dynamic organizational contexts, the MBA program moves students from application to practice, providing a deep knowledge of business functions, processes and products and a comprehensive understanding of today’s technology-driven environment.
Coursework emphasizes seven strategic managerial competencies – creating and maintaining domestic and international competitiveness; presenting and persuading for decision making; financing; hiring, motivating and managing; ethics and behavior; innovation; and managing processes. Grounded in the cross-cutting dimensions of globality, diversity and cross-cultural awareness; training in tools, techniques and strategies; and application to practice, it prepares graduates to operate in today’s dynamic organizational contexts.
Admitting students from all parts of the globe, socioeconomic strata, and cultural and social backgrounds, creating a student body that mirrors today’s diverse society, MBA students study with highly-motivated students from around the world, sharing a desire for a quality education grounded in diverse perspectives, focused on cutting-edge theory and practical application.
A total of 36 credit hours are required to complete the UoPeople MBA-Management degree. Students must complete a minimum of 12 courses. Each course is 9 weeks in length, and students earn 3 credits per course.
The MBA program is designed to:
- Provide an understanding of the key sociological, psychological and organizational concepts and theories necessary for effective leadership and management
- Cover the knowledge and skills needed to plan, structure, manage, and monitor organizations
- Introduce methods for improving productivity, responsiveness, quality and customer/client satisfaction
- Provide in-depth knowledge of operational areas and their functions, processes and interrelationships
- Develop cross-cultural awareness and an understanding of the globality of today’s economy
- Foster an ability to act creatively and be a driver for change
- Instill an appreciation for the importance of legal and ethical behavior on the part of the organization and its members
- Nurture student potential and promotes increased self-awareness and growth
- Support the development of networks among peers from around the globe
Successful graduates of the program will learn to:
- Analyze core business processes
- Think systemically
- Manage the decision process
- Prepare economic analyses
- Position organizations for a competitive advantage
- Formulate strategic and tactical direction
- Understand the effective uses of technology
- Support and encourage a culture of innovation
- Manage conflict and foster collaboration
- Apply techniques for delegation and empowerment
- Understand influence of culture and globalization on organizations
- Work in groups and display enhanced interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate within an organization
- Function in an ethical manner
- Take ownership of their own personal and professional growth