The UoPeople MBA is entirely online and is structured around three curricular components: Core Courses, Electives, and the Capstone Project. The three components are described below.
The Core consists of eight courses covering the theory, principles, concepts, and tools of the academic disciplines that undergird the field of management. Taught from a global perspective, they build the competencies that students need whether they are involved in the private, public or nonprofit sector.
- BUS 5110 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 5111 Financial Management
- BUS 5112 Marketing Management
- BUS 5113 Organizational Theory and Behavior
- BUS 5114 Management Information Systems and Technology
- BUS 5115 Business Law, Ethics and Social Responsibility
- BUS 5116 Operations Management
- BUS 5117 Strategic Decision Making and Management
Students choose electives to reflect individual interests. Choices can be made to gain breadth in general management competencies or to develop depth in some particular area. Students complete at least three elective courses chosen from the following:
- BUS 5211 Managing in the Global Economy
- BUS 5411 Leading in Today’s Dynamic Contexts
- BUS 5511 Human Resource Management
- BUS 5611 Managing Projects and Programs
The Capstone Project, BUS 5910 Management Capstone, is completed as the final course in a student’s program of study. It offers student the opportunity to apply the knowledge and research skills gained in their MBA coursework to an applied management project. Students present a final research product at the conclusion of the course.
UoPeople has granted me a scholarship to receive a quality Education
Sadiq Abubakar I.
Health Science Student, Nigeria