UnderGraduate catalog: 2024/25

Matriculation Policies

Students who wish to withdraw from UoPeople must submit their request via the UoPeople Portal. Their request will be reviewed and processed by the Office of Student Services.

Students who have left the institution and later seek to return to study are required to re-apply for admission and to pay the Application Fee, and/or the Assessment Fees then in effect if they have been out of residence for more than 15 terms. Out of residence refers to the number of terms that a student has been inactive at the University— either unenrolled from the institution and/or enrolled at UoPeople without completing any course work in the intervening terms (that is, enrolled but inactive).

Administrative Withdrawals

Students will be administratively withdrawn from UoPeople if they fail to comply with University policies and procedures. Students who fail to apply for a LOA and do not register for classes, and/or exceed the maximum number of inactive terms, either consecutively or in an academic year, will be administratively withdrawn from the University.

      • Students who have been administratively withdrawn are required to submit a request for re-enrollment, reinstatement or academic renewal, depending on the number of consecutive terms that the student has been out of residence. The request should be submitted via the UoPeople Portal and will be reviewed by the office of Student Services.
      • Students who are administratively withdrawn on more than two occasions will not be allowed to return to their studies for a minimum of five (5) terms. Requests to return from these students will be sent to the Student Affairs committee for a determination of whether to allow them to resume their studies.

Re-enrollment, Reinstatement, Academic Renewal Guidelines

Students who have interrupted their otherwise continuous enrollment at the University should refer to the re-enrollment portions of the chart below. Students who have been dismissed or out of residence for more than 5 terms should refer to the Re- instatement or Academic Renewal portions of the chart below.

Re-enrollment/Reinstatement and Academic Renewal Guidelines

At UoPeople, if a student stopped their studies and would like to return at a later date they can return via Re-enrollment/Reinstatement or Academic Renewal depending on the length of time they have been away. Students will need to pay any overdue fees before they can return. To begin the process of Re-enrollment/Reinstatement or Academic Renewal students simply need to re-apply in the UoPeople Portal.

Take a look at the chart below for important information concerning Re-enrollment/Reinstatement and Academic Renewal.

Time Away Application Fee Required? Important Details
Re-enrollment/Reinstatement 2 years or less

(1 – 15 terms)

Not Required Students who were dismissed via Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) or did not meet Foundations Requirements must wait at least one year to return. Students who were dismissed due to suspension must wait their full suspension period before returning.
Academic Renewal 3 years or more

(16+ terms)

$60 Academic Renewal Fee Required (not applicable for grants) Students will be placed in the most current version of their program. For example.) If a student was previously in our older program, English Foundations, they will now be in the current English as a Second Language (ESL) Undergraduate program.

Orientation will need to be re-taken if the student did not complete at least one course.

Students who are readmitted and/or granted Academic Renewal are required to satisfy all graduation requirements and follow all the University rules and regulations listed in the Catalog during the academic year in which they resume their studies.

Individuals may be granted only one Academic Renewal and the University has the sole discretion at the time of the Academic Renewal to determine which, if any, credits previously earned will be applied toward a University degree.

At the start of Academic Renewal, a notation is added to the student’s previous UoPeople transcript listing the student’s academic renewal status. Additionally, the student’s cumulative grade point average and cumulative credits start anew with their return to the University.

Students may only begin registering for courses during the course registration period after their academic renewal has been approved. Students who are approved for Academic Renewal are strongly encouraged to enroll in only one course under the advisement of their personal Program Advisor and are required to maintain good standing at the University.

Associate degree Graduates Returning for the Bachelor’s Degree

Students who graduated from UoPeople with an Associate’s Degree, took time away from the institution, and now wish to pursue the Bachelor’s Degree may do so under certain conditions. They must be in good standing with UoPeople both academically and behaviorally and may only continue in the same major program of study as that of their Associate’s Degree. Graduates who request to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree within 15 terms of completing their last Associate’s Degree requirement at UoPeople may complete a Request for Academic Continuation through the Office of Student Services at student.services@uopeople.edu for the English programs and student.services@ar.uopeople.edu for the Arabic programs. Graduates who are beyond 15 terms must reapply for admission to the University and pay the Application Fee.

Students who had scholarship support at the time that they were enrolled for their Associate’s Degree, and who wish to be considered for further financial support, are required to reapply for financial assistance by contacting the Financial Aid Office at financial.aid@uopeople.edu for the English programs and financial.aid@ar.uopeople.edu for the Arabic programs.

This is currently only applicable for our English programs.